It’s officially the season of love. You’ve shown you can survive lockdown together...and you’ve decided there’s no better time to show your partner that you’re ready to take your relationship to the next level. That you want to spend the rest of your life together.
You have the perfect Valentines Day card from A Town Called Home, but you need the perfect place to pop the question. Look no further, our guide to the best places to propose in the UK rounds up the best of the best to give you lots of inspiration.
- The Lake District. Take your pick, there are so many breathtakingly beautiful places to choose from
- Edinburgh. Often referred to as the ‘Athens of the North’ the city is brimming with history and countless panoramic views. You’re sure to find an insta worthy spot here.
- London. What’s not to love about the capital. You could choose a spot by the river, a perfect picnic in the park, or maybe a backdrop of the bright lights of those famous landmarks twinkling in the night sky. There’s sure to be something for everyone.
- Devon beaches. A beach is the perfect romantic setting. There’s something especially perfect about being with your loved ones in the sea air watching the waves roll in. And we all know watching the sun set or rise from the beach is breathtakingly beautiful. We’re lucky to have so many beautiful beaches in the UK, but perhaps Devon provides us with the most options.
- Bath. Famous for its architecture there are plenty of perfect picturesque proposal spots.
- Llanddwyn Island, Wales. Offering unrivalled views of Snowdonia, you could opt for beautiful walks along the coastline or perhaps the perfect moonlit set up under the stars. Who could say no?
- Newcastle Quayside. OK, so we may be biased, but what’s not to love about the Quayside? Famous for its seven bridges, the River Tyne provides stunning cityscape views. Perhaps a proposal on the colourful Millennium Bridge at night with the Tyne Bridge watching on could be your perfect match.
Or maybe you want to choose something more personal. The backdrop to your proposal doesn’t always have to be the most picturesque, perhaps you’ll choose somewhere with more meaning for you as a couple. Where did you first meet, first say ‘I love you’? There’s lots of ways to make sure you pick the perfect proposal spot right here in the UK.