Something exciting is happening for some of us tonight. I say some of us, as those of you with small children may not feel the same excitement, or get the same benefit (sorry guys!).
Tonight (2am on Sunday morning to be precise), to mark the end of British Summer Time, the clocks go back and we all gain an extra hour in the day. And this got us thinking...what will we do with that extra hour?
Unsurprisingly, at A Town Called Home, we have very different thoughts on this matter. Two of us will welcome that extra hour under the duvet with open arms, without ever considering there may be another option The other is thinking ‘that’s an extra hour to an already busy schedule’ and is wondering how to make the most of it. We’ll leave it to you to guess which category we fit in…
Of course, there’s no right or wrong answer. So, for those of you that can’t wait for an extra hour sleep. Enjoy. Make the most of that extra long snooze. You absolutely deserve it!
And for those that don’t want to spend that time knocking out the ‘Zzz’s’ read on. Maybe you want to dedicate this hour to a bit of ‘you time’, or maybe you want to do something completely different. So, we thought we’d have a bit of fun. That’s why we’ve come up with a list of 10 random things you can do in an hour. It might give you some inspiration, or it may just make you smile...but here you go:
- Catch up with a friend
- Have an extra long bubble bath. We’re thinking the full works - candles, face mask...
- Get up and out. Why not get some fresh air and blow the cobwebs off?
- Create an original Tik Tok dance. Come on, you know you want to...
- Cook a brand new meal. Now could be the time to get creative
- Learn key phrases in a new language. será divertido
- Play a game of hide and seek with your nearest and dearest. A bit of silly fun will do wonders for your mood
- Watch TV. Completely chill out and catch up on that series you’ve been meaning to watch for weeks
- Do some yoga or meditate - it’s amazing how this can set you up for the day
- Read a book, or better still write a short story. Get those creative juices flowing
Maybe you’ll do use one of our suggestions, or maybe you’ve already planned out your extra hour (in which case let us know, we’d love to know what you have planned). But, whatever you choose to do with that extra time, we hope you have a great time!
Stay safe and keep smiling
A Town Called Home